Sunday, September 8, 2013

Unanswered Prayers


A lot of folks wonder why God doesn’t answer their prayers. Well, what would you say to a child who was always asking for something, but never willing to do what it is told to do? These verses give us some insight into what Jesus might say:

He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

(Proverbs 28:9)

And why call you me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

(Luke 6:46)

He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

(John 14:21)

And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the open streets so that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward.

(Matthew 6:5)

But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

(Matthew 6:33/34)

            If you aren’t doing what God asks of you then you have forfeited the ability for asking Him for anything! If you are doing what God asks of you then the most important prayer you can make is for God’s help in fulfilling His will for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment