Sunday, September 15, 2013

Can You Hear Him Now?


Even in our everyday life and interactions with others we learn that the difference between those that really listen to us and those that “hear without listening” - the same issue exists for Jesus. Almost a hundred times, over dozens of times in each of the four gospel accounts, we find Jesus stressing that we really need to hear what He is saying:

He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

(Matthew 11:15)

And he said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

(Mark 4:9)

          Jesus tells us that He can tell who really hears Him because they obey:

And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

(Luke 8:21)

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

(Luke 11:28)

          Jesus tells us that those do not hear His words are not His:

Why do you not understand my speech? because you cannot hear my word.

(John 8:43)

He that is of God hears God's words: you therefore hear not, because you are not of God.

(John 8:47)

          If you are to be one of His sheep you must hear Him and follow Him!

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

(John 10:27)

          Many say they hear Him but they do not care enough to listen - to change their lives and follow Him - they “hear without listening”. Jesus is calling --- can you hear Him now? Are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment