Monday, September 2, 2013

Do you follow Jesus or Paul?


If you will be a child of God, how many times must you be told before you will listen?

And he said unto him, Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments.

(Matthew 19:17)

And why call you me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

(Luke 6:46)

If you love me, keep my commandments.

                        (John 14:15)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(John 14:23) 

If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

(John 15:10)

            Jesus couldn’t have been clearer! The law is not done away with. Paul was liar. The law may have been a grievous burden is his eyes but John knew better:

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

(1 John 5:3)

Everyone transgressing and not abiding in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. The one abiding in the doctrine of Christ, this one has the Father and the Son.

(2 John 1:9)

            It is not about being legalistic! Go back and read the verses above - it’s about loving God and Jesus enough to listen to Them- not Paul! Is Paul your Creator! Is Paul your Savior! Is Paul your Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment