Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whose Side Are You On?


The website, King James Bible Online, reported that the most popular Bible passage of 2012 was Psalm 23:4—“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Two other popular online Bible sites, Bible Gateway and YouVersion, haven’t yet reported on 2012 that I could find; but, reports say that the top verses are often the same even if not in the same order.

I hope this still holds true since in 2011 Bible Gateway reported Jeremiah 29:11,“For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (NIV). YouVersion reported Philippians 4:6,"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God “(NIV).

Why do I say I hope the change is true? Because it’s about time people started to realize we are under the new covenant and not the old. Our rewards are not come in this life but the next. We are to suffer in this life. Christ is not our banker or a rich uncle to beg favors from. He is our Lord - a Lord that was, and is, despised by those of this world – as we are to be. His kingdom is not of this world – and neither should ours be.

I pity those who buy into the “Pray to Jesus and He’ll make you rich” schemes. The pathetic mega groups that convince people that if they just give more money to the group that all will be well and wealthy. Regretfully, Satan has more helpers amongst man that our Creator has.

No comments:

Post a Comment