Thursday, January 10, 2013

What’s Your Exit Strategy?


The War on Terror has been going on for a while now; and, as a former military vet that dealt with such things, I can tell you that we entered that endeavor without an exit strategy. Much as when the USA elected Obama, he was re-elected because there was no good exit strategy for that travesty either. Though these dilemmas aren’t good, they will, with time, pass. We hope without too much more damage than has already been done. You see one of the problems of developing a good exit strategy is it needs to be based upon a good entrance or “origin” strategy.

People throughout history have pondered the questions about life’s exit strategy. Some have decided upon an exit strategy so bizarre that it really blows evolution away. You’re probably thinking I mean Christians – not so. Think Re-incarnation - Darwin coming back as a monkey. Re-incarnation makes hash out of an “origin” strategy too.

Then there’s the atheistic view. Exit strategy? Who needs one? I am just an evolved ape that became the Earth’s keystone predator, and my life has no meaning. Who needs strategies? I just eat, sleep, and procreate by instinct.

Then there’s the agnostic view. Maybe I was created, maybe not. Who cares? I’ll find out after this life if over - maybe. Strategies – there might be one.

Then there’s the more Zen view. What origin? What exit? I am one with the universe. I always have been and always will be.

There are really too many views to express them all here. But before signing off I’ll address one more. That’s the Christian view. Origin strategy – I was created by God. Exit strategy – I will return to my Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment